Friday, May 25, 2007

My New Song

Your silly pillow's calling me
And your arms are open wide
How can I get up today
No way
I'm staying by your side

I could smoke you
I could inject you
Any way that I can get you
I'm not supposed to succumb
To my addictions in the morning
But I'm warning you

Don't take you away from me
I've been through withdrawl
And all in all
It's not all it's cracked up to be
Don't take you away from me

Let the day go by without us
I can miss bacon and eggs
I'll feed on messing up your hair
And tangling up our legs
I could drink you
I could pop you like a pill
If there's a way to get you in me
I willI'm not supposed to succumb
To my addictions in the morning
But I'm warning you

Don't take you away from me
I've been through withdrawl
And all in all
It's not all it's cracked up to be
Don't take you away from me

I need my fix
I need one more word
Of that way you talk
Cuz the last I heard
Was that I'm hooked on your ways
On the days
On the lays
On the crazy times with you

Whatever you say
In that way
I'll obey
You don't have to pin me
You know you'll win me
With your lips
And your hands on my hips
And every single time you call french fries chips

I need a taste
Though it seems like a waste
Of a very expensive calling card
It's worth every cent
To hear the sound of a gent
And I'm intent on falling hard

I need a hit
Just a little bit
Give me one more chance
Just to run my hands
Through your hair
You're my hero
You're my heroine

Watching you watch me play guitar
Is better anyway
Than anything that I can take
To take it all away
I could smoke you
I could pop you like a pill
If there's a way to get you in me
I will
I'm not supposed to succumb
To my addictions in the morning
But I'm warning you

Don't take you away from me
I've been through withdrawl
And all in all
It's not all it's cracked up to be
Don't take you away from me

You're my hero
You're my heroine

1 comment:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

wow. I've only just caught up on your last few blogs and that was a lot to take in. Something tells me you've made the right decision to let go of the relationship that wasn't one anymore. I think when people say 'be careful' they mean 'protect your heart'. falling hard and fast can cause it to crack. but following your heart and diving in head first can also be a ride worth taking. just don't allow room for disappointment if something doesn't turn out the way you like.