Be impeccable with your word--Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
Okay, I'll admit--I lie. I make promises I can't keep. But I'll try not to do that anymore. I don't gossip though. But I'm really bad with truth. I even lie to myself.
Don't take anything personally--Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
This I'm pretty good at. It's really hard because I'm self centred and selfish. But I try putting myself in other peoples' shoes and realise that whatever is going on, it's not personal.
Don't make assumptions--Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
Well, I don't assume, I predict and I'm usually right. But I'm great at communicating because I hate misunderstandings. And I only create drama with people I don't care about.
Always do your best--Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
I am the most guilty of not following this one. I do not always do my best. And so I judge myself, I abuse myself and I regret a lot. It's hard to do your best when you're lazy though...
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i'm lazy too. i like this post.... it's a wonderful reminder. thank you.
Post a Comment