I freaking love Aladdin. I just played Aladdin with the little girl. We Skidooed to Agrabah... The palace was so beautiful from where we were. I watched a bit of the movie with the baby (who is almost a boy now!) and he totally laughed at my favourite funny parts. I'm teaching him what I consider to be very important, i.e. Genie = funny. i.e. Aladdin = Awesome. He's already learned how to dance like the Newsies...
***
I don't know how jealous you'll all be, probably very, to hear that it is SUMMERTIME here!!! Here's how I know: My feet are dirty! I love it! It's Summer Alathariel! I don't care if people get grossed out or freaked out or judge me, but dirty feet in summertime is who I am!
I also know it's summertime because it's warm at night.
***
One of my best friends told me that one of her best friends is leaning to go into peoples' dreams. And she's trying to learn too. I would love it if that were true. Then we could hang out anywhere. I tried to do it last night but I couldn't concentrate. Then I just tried concentrating on something and I couldn't do it. I'm a horrible magician. But it did feel wonderful to light a candle, put on my clean white nightgown and lie on my fresh clean sheets with my windows open and the night birds chirping sweetly through the warm night air and cool breezes. I slept wonderfully last night. But I woke up for a second only to hear something that sounded/felt like a presence... I thought it was a female presence. I don't know. I've never really actually believed in ghosts or dreamwalking or anything. But I want it to be true. I find it's no coincidence that magic shows itself in that place between sleep and awake (where Tinkerbell will always love Peter Pan). I hope I'm just being cynical though. I truly believed last night that someone was with me and it comforted me to no end. I don't believe it now though. Oh well, if it only exists at night and in my imagination, I'm okay with that.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
this blog makes me imagine something magical.
i just love summer. The air alone is comforting in summer. I feel like the warmer, thicker summer air is the air's way of hugging us.
believe it.
my students keep appearing in my dreams. they're telling me i'm doing a terrible job, and reminding me to get up and lesson plan. i don't want any more uninvited people in my dreams :S
I love you life. I love that expression.
Post a Comment