Monday, February 27, 2006

Fever in the morning, Fever all through the night...

Would you light my candle?

It's what I've been saying since I first cried like a baby in the movie theatre watching RENT.

Leap of faith, leap of faith, oooooooooooooooooooh...

That's what I've been thinking for about three months.

Well take my hand we're gonna howl out tonight!

And that's what I've been belting in the shower every morning.

I hum Santa Fe on the subway, I whistle I'll Cover You at work, and I sing La Vie Boheme at every chance I get.

I wanna be Mimi, no Joanne, no Maureen! I wanna be with Benny, no Mark (I am with Mark!), no Collins, no Roger!

I have a Rent Mix on my computer which consists mostly of movie versions, but I added in Happy New Year and You Okay Honey. I like the original Over the Moon much better and I love the intro to Today 4 U on the Broadway version, so those are in there, too.

I'm looking up the prices of tickets to New York just so I can see it live! I'm asking for nothing but that trip for my birthday, my entire wishlist is completely forgotten.

I cannot get enough of this show. It reaches way down deep and tears you inside out til you're blown apart! Even as I'm watching it, I'm sad about the times I won't be watching it! That's a little scary. I just hope that all of this inspiration is getting soaked up and that I will use it for good and not just dreaming.

To think I hated it! To think others might still hate it! All of the parts I used to find cheesy are now deep and have an enormous impact on my life!

I am officially a Renthead! Well...I don't know about officially, I guess it's not official unless you were in the line up in 1995...

Well, I'm officially an obsessive loser with a fever that won't break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've created a monster! Isn't it amazing how it can completely take over your life. I try listening to other musicals and watching other movies and thinking about other shows to go see, but Rent is always in my head and I can't get it out.

bedroomprince said...

BLOG MORE YOU BEOTCH!