I'm really starting to notice the fact that people don't know how to speak or write.
use to?
would of?
supposably?
supposuvly?
who are you people? where did you go to school? I don't blame you at all! I blame the idiot who was in charge of your progress and didn't tell you that you were COMPLETELY WRONG!
I mean, I admit I get things wrong now and then, but I know the differences between their, they're and there and you're and your and I know it's used to and would have and supposedly.
I also know that this sentence is wrong: If you would have told me, I wouldn't have gone.
It's "if you had told me, I wouldn't have gone."
I don't know the rules, to tell the truth. But I know the way something is supposed to sound.
It's also annoying when Stacey on What Not to Wear says "You've paired it with a beautiful pinstripe pant..." or "Let's see the shoe that goes with this..." She even went so far as to say "It's got this fabulous line in the arm..." As if it's just the concept of "pant" rather than a pair of pants! I don't know if that's wrong, it just bugs me.
I don't mind if you say "like" or "you know." I do mind if you say "basically..." and then go into further detail on a subject.
I believe it is important to be able to communicate. If English is your second (or third or fourth), then it's cool, you can say whatever you want as long as you learn how to pronounce the word "scissors" when you're in a bar that serves "ceasars." If English is your first language, we must all speak the same!! I sound like a creepy nazi. I apologise for that. But you're not communicating unless you know what you're saying.
If you write "If they're mom would of told me, I would of told you're dad," then you are a moron.
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not a moron!
Clair, I think your really smart and you have alot to teach us. Maybe if you could like publish some kind of newsletter I would of been able to learn from it. They're are so many people who could benifit from what you have to say. Basically, I think you're ideas on grammar and english are very insightful and we all need to be better people and be smarter see and you know all be gooder at are own language in speaking it.
ohh crap! Yeah, I'm guilty of that!
Post a Comment