Saturday, February 18, 2006

You get by with a little help...

I love my friends.

I had some bad experiences yesterday. One was that this man rushed into the bar and said "gimme ceasar!" I was taken aback by his rudeness, but I had already made like 4 ceasars that day, so I was totally good at it, so I was excited. I got to work. The dude was tapping his foot, fidgiting, tapping the counter with his hand. I looked at him and he said: "I got a friend waiting outside..." and I was thinking, you can't take your drink outside. I stammered "but" and when he saw the half filled glass, he said "NO! I didn't order! Ceasar!" "Yeah, a ceasar..." He started moving his index and middle finger "ceasar, ceasar!" "Oh, scissors?" I found the scissors, handed them to him and he took off. Asshole! Who are you? My boss has a lot of friends, I know, but when I meet them, they say "Oh, are you new? I'm so and so, I'm a regular, you'll do fine!" They don't storm in and demand "a ceasar!" Asshole.

Then, when I went to class that afternoon, the children were their usual devilish selves, but worse! They were ruder, meaner, stupider, louder. I almost cried and I had to tell all of their parents and I'll have to kick some of them out. When they're teenagers and adults in therapy, they'll be telling stories about the bitch teacher they had who ruined their lives when they were little and made them believe they were worthless.

Then I had to endure an hour of the TTC followed by 10 minutes of pedestrian rage.

So in a horrible mood, I got to Marcus, pretty much crying, desperately wanting to punch something. I said what was wrong, he gave me a sip of his coffee and we headed out to dinner with his parents. I felt better.

I have one friend who just got to have sex for the first (and second and third and fourth) time and she ran (to her computer) to tell me. She needed someone to listen to, to catch some of the wonderfullness that was her life at the moment and I got to be there.

I have another friend (probably you) who is going through a long distance break up and sent me the break up email. I didn't know what to say. I'm not sure what he needed, but I hope my being there and reading it helped.

I hope when I am experiencing anything that you (and you and you) will be there. I hope that the next time something funny or sad or weird happens to you that I will be there.

This is a very cheesy blog, but aren't friends the best?

3 comments:

bedroomprince said...

Friends are the best!

Anonymous said...

yeah, they're ok, see.

Anonymous said...

yeah, they're ok, see.