Look, I don't want to build character. I cannot stand doing something if I know it'll be good for me. And I know that it's a problem, but trying to fix the problem would be the most character building waste of time ever!
Of course I want to be healthy, of course I want to be safe, of course I want to be smart. But I don't want to know that all my activities are beneficial. Don't tell me!
I just want to play! Can I play? If I happen to be getting a good work out, do you have to talk about it?
If I don't eat that cookie, do not pat my head and say "good girl" or it will be in my mouth before you can say "Mr. Christie!"
So I am off to my first "Body Step" class. I will go to lose weight, I will go to have fun, I will go to scope out hot personal trainers, but that's it. If you mention one thing about will power, "it's good for me", "you're really growing as a person" I swear, I will shank you and your family.
Nothing ruins fun like finding out it builds character.
Monday, February 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Blogging does not build character
Post a Comment