I had a dream that I had a baby girl. My cousins and I were taking pictures of her, "ooh she's so cute!" ing her, saying how much she looked like me. Well, she was me. It was weird. I know what I looked like when I was a baby, so naturally that's what a dream baby of mine would look like. She was adorable. In my dream she was nearly two. (When people become parents, they count the baby's months until the kid is 4 years old. It's annoying.)
Dreams have huge impacts on our lives. I want a baby. I did before, but seeing this wonderful little mini me made me want one more.
But ...psychologists might say that I want my childhood back. And I do. I want to be new again (to quote Adaptation).
But... also, I just want a baby. I want my little girl. I think Isabella. Or Isabelle. Izzie, either way. And I want my little boy who is nameless at the moment but he will be a mini EG. Who wouldn't want a mini EG? My little gentlman and little lady. Life will certainly be so good. It's so good now, but babies would give me something more. Being a nanny all the time shows me how wonderful it is to have kids. Once, the mom in Switzerland, who seemed pretty stressed about the day to day mundane-ness that is work, was playing with her baby and she suddenly said: "Oh, have kids, Alathariel, it's the best thing that will ever happen to you."
I want the best thing that will ever happen to me!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ok. you're clearly ovulating. i have not yet felt this way.... i fear the day when it will take me over.
i thought you hated the kids in switzerland . . . ?
and i'm glad i'm not the only one who finds the "he's 36 months" thing irritating. what, now i have to do math?
What about little Oscar, Emmy and Tony?!
Post a Comment