You just might find you get what you need?
The operative words here being "sometimes" and "might."
I know someone who is a lucky, lucky girl.
I love her very much. She's my best friend, I've always wanted to be like her. She's a wonderful human being, full of light and energy and together we are going to take the world by storm!
She doesn't need anything. Well, that's not true, she needed a boy. A Nice Boy. And she's found one.
Once she found him, she didn't need anything. She owns a place, she has no debt, she has a job she's good at and parents to fall back on if anything goes wrong. She has great friends who love her, she has the coolest clothes in the world and she is full of good times. In need of nothing.
But she's getting EVERYTHING. Everything she's ever wanted. No, actually, she's getting everything I ever wanted. How is that fair? She doesn't want a house and a marriage and babies! But she's getting them! She didn't need financial stability! But she's getting it.
I don't begrudge her these things, I'm happy for her! I want her to be happy. But why can't I have them, too?
Karma must be real. Hers is amazing and mine is shot. I guess I'll work on it and see what happens. I'll try sometimes and get what I need.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just change your attitude. She's getting these things cause she doesn't ask for them. Stop wanting money and you'll get money.
i have a friend who thinks all these things of me. he thinks i get everything i want.
it's all perspective. the grass is always greener.
and i do get what i want. versions of it at least. but not all the time.
perspective.
No Skinny, she did ask for these things. Very specifically.
And Artsmonkey, just ask her! She really did get everything she wanted! she wants for NOTHING! really! it's not perspective, she said so!
Post a Comment