Monday, January 29, 2007

Cheese and Other Exciting Prospects

Ah! I love cheese. And I'm allowed to love it as much as I want because I go to the gym on a regular basis and I walk a lot.

English Gentleman is back in the flirting boat, finally. He's usually too cool for school, but he payed me a few pretty freaking sweet compliments.

"Tonight would be a good night for you to be here, you could play my guitar and sing and I could admire your curves whilst pretending to sing. Everything I know about you is classy and theatrical, I like it."

Me? Classy? Theatrical, yes, curvy, bien sur, but classy? Sweeeet.

Yikes. Oh how I love facebook but...people from grade school are now adding me. Why? Why is this happening? I don't know if any of you bloggers know this stuff about me, but I was really unpopular in grade school. I got made fun of, a lot. I try to repress, but really, it comes out all the time. I'm always worried that people are gonna find me out and categorise me as uncool. I have to sit at the back of any bus I go on because that's where the cool kids sit. I'm really insecure about it and if I never heard from or of anyone from elementary school again, I'd be extremely happy. Now EVERYONE is my "friend."

And I guess it was fine when it was people who were actually considered friends back then, we were pretty much in it together, us verses the "popular group." And they always said I was so cool, I shouldn't be with them, but I said I only hang around with nice people.

But now, the dreaded Miss Perfect added me. Miss Perfect was my "best friend in school" in grade one and then in grade 2 they put us in different classes and she became popular and I did not. Do the secretaries who made the class lists that year know that they ruined my life? Miss Perfect is not special. She's boring, to me. She's blonde, rich, pretty, nice, kinda smart, sporty, friendly, not funny, not interesting and enjoys country music. But everyone loved her. LOVED and IDOLISED. Once, I got bangs, and this guy said "but Miss Perfect doesn't have bangs anymore, why'd you get bangs?" Seriously. We were all supposed to copy her as much as we could.

I can't handle this. Why did she add me? To show off? I mean, her life seems as boring as it always was, but in a really perfect way. Why do I feel I need to be better than her? What is it about her that makes everyone crazy and why do I need validation? I'm a grown up! I have SO MANY FRIENDS who I love so so so much and who love me! I'm on a year long adventure. I found my true love and he's hotter than hers! Why am I so petty? She was never mean, not once. And she's pretty humble about her popularity. (Or was, I don't know anything about her now except for the discriptions on facebook.) I was worried she was gonna be an actress because she did a funny accent in grade 8 drama club and everyone laughed really hard. I was Lois Lane and I was great! Now I can do any accent! Name it, I'll do it better than her! BUT WHY DO I HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN HER? WHY DO I CARE? She's not in my life, and we don't have any friends in common! Why am I like this? I even started to change my profile, to make sure it was presentable. I'm presentable as I am, I like me!

I can't wait for HP7 to come out.

3 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

oh no sweetheart! you need to let that go. she is obviously still trying to validate her popularity by adding as many friends as she can. make your facebook ORIGINAL. what the hell does PRESENTABLE mean? why are you changing it because of her?????? Who says she's perfect? oooo, you've made me mad!

Please, if anything, people strive to be like YOU. YOU are awesome. YOU are pretty, smart, lovely, HILARIOUS, TALENTED, wonderful, imaginative and never should you try to change to appeal to a certain crowd or person. you will draw the people you want in your life by being you. that's why i love you so much. that's why i want to be friends with the warriorprincesse i know.

sorry, i got a little carried away.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Miss Pants, when I saw that there was one comment, I said to myself "I hope it's long and from Miss Pants!" And it was! You're the best. Thank you.

skinny-rabbit said...

We all need validation. I swear by it. I change my profile picture depending on whom I've been adding that day. When I add theatre people I put up a picture of me doing something theatrey to show that I'm still doing stuff. When I add people from high school I try to show how hot and popular I got. But I am hot and popular and theatrical. Just like we. Sometimes it's nice to know that someone from our past acknowledges it.