This is really a post that belongs on my claireischeesy blog, but I don't want certain people to find it. This works though.
Remember all those lessons we learned when we were kids? Every story we heard, every movie we watched tried to teach us something. Don't take candy from strangers, don't lie, believe in yourself, don't judge a book by the cover, dont...make deals with witches, your dead father will always be with you in some way, true beauty lies within, even if someone can't talk, they might still be your true love, humans don't belong in the jungle, etc (lemme know if you think of more...I'm at a loss)
Well, really, other than "don't take candy from strangers" do we really follow those rules until we learn them for ourselves? I didn't. And I'm sure I've taken candy from many a stranger.
Remember the message from Wizard of Oz? There's No Place Like Home.
Oh how I wish I had ruby slippers. It's not that I'm not having fun here, and I know if I met the Scarecrow, Tinman and Lion, I'd be a lot happier. I'll make friends soon, I know. But Dorothy got to bring Toto.
Bedroom Prince had it right when he said "don't go." But I guess there's no way to explain such a thing.
Why wouldn't I go?
Auntie Em was too busy for me and Miss Gulch was trying to steal my dog! No one was paying any attention to me and everything was black and white. I needed new and magical things. I needed attention. I needed colour.
But alas, I'm here for a year and realised too late (or too early) that:
"...if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!"
I guess I'll just have to try and enjoy my time in Oz. Maybe Dorothy was happy to pay off her student loan and learn french while she was there.
I just really miss Auntie Em.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
"humans don't belong in the jungle..." was my favorite part, lolololol. i miss you terribly. i'm crossing my fingers that you find the scarecrow, tin man and the lion to help you get to the wizard.
lah you.
Auntie Em doesn't want you back yet. She wants you to wear those ruby slippers, follow the yellow brick road, not realize there's a crew member who hung himself in the trees, battle the witch, who as it turns out was never harmed by water after all, and not even really that evil, meet the wizard, fall asleep in a snowy field, get locked in a castle, and maybe even get chased around by a flying monkey or two.
Rent has it right too:
"And Dorthy and Toto went over the Rainbow to blow off Auntie Em!"
hahahahaha, that blog actually gave me goosebumps it was so sweet
miss you love you
Post a Comment