Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Mermaids - Radiant in Ribbons

I luh music.

I luh messing about with it, mixing different styles, altering my voice for different sounds, hitting things and hearing the effect.

My buddy and I wrote an album yesterday. We're awesome.

Know what's better than working in a restaurant? Writing an album.

side note: my lovah's alarm has been going off for five minutes now. Should I do something about it?

We recorded our progress, so we have a cd. It's not good quality, it's just there for us to work off of. We wrote like 7 songs yesterday! Seriously, we're geniuses!

okay, asshole, wake up! how can you not hear that??

Here are some of our song titles: Scientist Man, Missing You, She Sucks I Rock, Slow/Fast, Salalalalong, You're Fat, Boy Ballad and Fucking Boys. Still to come are Chocolate, Sleepover and Hippie Picnic. I can't wait!!!

oh my god!!! it's been seven minutes! Do you know anyone else who can sleep through high pitched beeping? It sounds like world war three!!

At the rate we're going, you'll be able to buy The Mermaids' first album "Radiant in Ribbons" in about two weeks. But I'll give them to you guys for free!

okay, now it is world war three. You're dead, deaf man!

3 comments:

bedroomprince said...

This is a prime example of how, not only can you do something right, you can do something inspiring, creative, special, fun, and artistic. Lots of people can do something right, but not everyone can write an album; not everyone can do something write.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

I'm already dying to hear "hippie picnic"..........and all the rest!

I once started writing an album in high school with my best friend and the first track was titled "happy pancakes". I love pancakes more than a pimp loves his whore, i tell ya!!!

Lindsay said...

pancakes are way sweeter than whores! i had some this morning! pancakes, not whores. i want to be just like alathariel when i grow up!