That's right. It's my birthday.
I'm 23 years old...and exactly where I should be.
before you read this, I'd like you to know that I'm in a wonderful mood (with a slight hangover). I don't feel like crying at all!
Now...Exactly where I should be. I've always known my place. Inately that is. I never put myself in my place, I just exist there. For example, this girl told me I was square when I was 11. I was asking her to hook me up with a guy and she was saying that he would want to do more than just kiss. A lot more. And I just thought, I'm not square, I'm eleven!
These were the goals I made two years ago for my 23rd birthday:
-I must have a computer (check!)
-I must have had at least three paying gigs (just started my third!)
-I must have a paying gig lined up (well, I have one for september...I just might not be able to do it)
-I must be with the man I will marry (stupid goal, but I acheived it nonetheless)
-I must be able to pay $750 rent by myself (wow. okay, well I could work like a motherfucker. I could work harder at being a server and take more shifts, but I choose not to. Good choice, eh?)
I think there was one about travelling...but I'm doing that in the fall in abundance. so I'm cool with that.
My ultimate goal is to be AHEAD OF THE GAME. Not because I'm hard on myself, but because I'm greedy and selfish. I want a lot of stuff and I want it now!
I'm so boring being exactly where I should be. Why am I not immortal? Or worshipped? Or at the very least, rich and famous?! I'm a normal, struggling, in love, on-my-way 23 year old!
BORING!
I need to publish a book right now, get a great gig right now, get married right now, start a charity right now, open a theatre right now and create a tv show right now!
At least, and I really believe this, I far surpass everyone in friendship. Not that I'm a superior friend, oh not by any means. But for some awesome reason, I have the most superior friends ever! I miss and love everyone so much! There are so many of you! And so close (to my heart)!
Happy Birthday to me!
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Luhver!
Yes, happy birthday to my lebanese cousin, mother of my cat.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY you GORGEOUS, TALENTED, PRINCESS, you!
BIG HUGS AND KISSES XO!!!!!!
I'm pretending the 7th was actually the 3rd. Happy Birthday!!!!
i didnt know it was your b-day! it was my bday 3 days later! come to my party - it will now be your party too... and neenia's - even though she's not going to be here.
Post a Comment