Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ssssssssssssssssssteam Heat

Holy crap it's hot in my apartment. Neenia, you got out just in time.

My lovah and I are MUCH too hot to have any contact at all, let alone crazy sex. We slept on our futon as it's bigger than our bed. We had two fans on us all night and I kept spraying myself with the bottle normally reserved for diciplining my cat.

I'm actually going to the gym right now. It'll be air conditioned, so I won't actually sweat as much on the elyptical (sp?) as I did sleeping.

But another thing. Oh another thing.

Skinny Rabbit, I'm sure the Ottawa Transit System sucks. But do you remember Toronto? Well the TTC went on strike yesterday. Yup, apparently they--like everyone else in the universe--decided they don't want to work on Mondays. BUT WE ALL WENT! I walked for two hours to get to work on not so flat ground. Then had to have a slightly uncomfortable drive with my boss. Then had to walk for what I thought would be ten minutes but was actually fourty five, to get to the GO Bus--it runs! And I was late for rehearsal.

My tip cup at work said: "The Why Do I Have A Metropass Fund"

Dude, I'm seriously pissed off. I demand revenge. If I don't get money back from last month's pass and a free pass for next month, then I think all the TTC employees should have to walk for 4 hours up and down Yonge Street in the sun. That's the logical consequence.

But the experience made me realise that walking to work is not the worst thing in the world. It was just bad because I was angry (that's not every day) and hot (which I'll be better prepared for in the future).

So I propose--if I don't get my free stuff--a boycott to the TTC! I don't need it! I refuse to get a pass! Who's with me?

6 comments:

artsmonkey said...

get a bike. it will change your life. kind of like jesus but different.
also. maybe your lovah can "discipline" you with that spray bottle.... ohhh yeahhh....

Lindsay said...

Dude, come to Montreal. you won't pay 100 dollars for a metropass to have the ttc go on strike. as stated in my NEW blog, you pay 35 dollars here. 35 DOLLARS. what the fuck?

The ArtofBeingMe said...

we don't have that here. the size of my country is 21 square miles.......AAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm stranded on a rock!!!

I think I'm going to start my swim across the atlantic to north america tomorrow morning. be there waiting with a towel. and when i get there i'll piggy back you around toronto. screw u, TTC, screw u BLUE!

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

First, Artsmonkey, we had some fun with ice. And where do I get this jesus bike?

Neenia, you bitch, I'm totally jealous of you. Maybe I will go to Montreal.

...Pants, yay piggybacks! I'll let you rest for a bit first. I might have to buy you new arms...

bedroomprince said...

I am unaware of the quality of the public transit right now where I am in Europe

bedroomprince said...

I just got on the subway where I am in Europe. It isn´t air conditioned, it isn´t expensive. I give it an equal rating to the TTC