Thursday, May 18, 2006

Would You Light My Candle?

So, it turns out, I'm not as cool as I thought. Go figure.

I love things that don't need electricity. I love gas ovens, coffee bodems, acoustic guitars. But faced with a day and a half of no power, I went crazy. I painted 4 horrible paintings, worked on my crappy book, read someone else's crappy book, wrote bad poetry, over-pet my cat, played with candle wax and burned myself.

I am completely addicted to having the TV face me while I play on the internet, checking my email, commenting on your blog and downloading music, getting something to eat, turning on all the lights and charging my cell phone.

Lame.

Maybe I should light my candles again.

You know what would help? Having millions of dollars. I'm convinced it would solve all my problems. Growing up fairly poor, I learned about the important things in life like friends, family and love. I'm good with those things. I'm happy. The only problems I have involve a lack of extreme wealth.

In conclusion, Toronto Hydro can go fuck themselves.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

i love your letter to me. i wrote one back to you. we should keep this up.

i'll light your candle!

bedroomprince said...

Write a letter to me! Wait I have no address. Crap! I'm just depressed.