Sunday, May 21, 2006

No Red Roses and Waterfalls for Me!

My lovah and I were talking about how he's not romantic. At all.

He didn't quite agree with me, and I gave him an example. "When I cry," I said "you hate it. But you don't say it's because you love me and you don't want to see a loved one hurt, you think of all these logical reasons why I shouldn't be crying. You don't even think it's because you love me and hate to see me sad, but that's what's going on."

I went on to say he doesn't believe in an epic love or soulmates or even true love.

And he said something like, where there's great romance, there's disfunction (but not as eloquently) to which I said "What do you mean?" And he said something like the more romance there is in a relationship, the more drama and therefore nothing is really healthy...somthing like that. Then he said--and this is the clencher--his parents, his role models for a couple, "are the kind of couple who will be together forever and that's what I think you and I have." As simple as that.

Dude, it's just a matter of time before the ring is on my finger.
Just kidding.

I didn't hear the rest of the crap he was talking about, something to do with everyone else, what the fuck do I care? Tears were streaming down my face, obviously I was hiding them, I didn't want him to see me cry because he luhs me so much.

We're gonna be together forever.

Who needs romance when you think that way?

4 comments:

skinny-rabbit said...

No it's luh. He is the most romantic unromantic person I have ever read a blog about.

bedroomprince said...

OH FRIENDS! I Miss you.

Lindsay said...

oh god, i luh you and your luh-vah.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

I don't know your lover. But romance is a necessity.....however some guys don't know how to go about it.........I was with a very passionate, very romantic italian last year and as a gift one day he gave me a beautiful printed, leather bag. it was lovely. until he gave me the receipt afterward 'just in case' i wanted to take it back. no, he just wanted me to know that he had spent nearly 800 dollars on it!!! who cares if it was made in Milan.....that's ridiculous!!!!!!! not romantic.
Guilt. I was filled with it.

i don't even think that story was relevant. but i do think they try. even if it's too much.