Saturday, November 07, 2009

Nice

Let's do this shit. My blog was unreadable for a while for personal reasons which I will not go into, but I'm blogging again because life is short and I like to share it.

I am in Nice -- first thing about that is I MISS EG! too much! again! argh!
But he is my HOME and I'm so so happy about that -- when I get back, everything will be okay. that's in 3 ish weeks. argh.

But I'm here in Nice which is ssssssssooooooooo freaking beautiful. it's like a Mediterranean classy chic Vegas. I love it. I want to be almost all the French girls I see. Here, the fashion isn't tights and a long sweater, which I'm quite sick of (mostly because it doesn't look so good on me) but a lot of black tight skirts with flattering tops and high boots. and really long hair! mine's too short! so I love it here and though I'm trying to be vegan for vanity reasons, I'm eating a lot of cheese. mmmmmm.

I bought some oil pastels and a quill and ink and a very nice journal with thick blank paper and I spend time on the rocks by the sea writing and drawing. A snippit:

All I can hear is crashing.
It's good.
It's waves.
Louder than peace usually is.
I'm tasting perfect strawberries
crunchy and soft and
Marvelously ripe.
And don't forget the guilty pleasure
Emphasis on the pleasure
Pain au (oh!) sucre.

But I'm missing home, all my homes. Home with EG, home with my mommy, home in the theatre. Home with the real me who keeps getting lost. Well, I feel more like me with a quill and ink and journal and oil pastels and the sea with the wind blowing my not-quite-long-enough hair over my face and off my neck.

I miss my friends. I need them. I need you. Let's be friends again.

***************

I'm babysitting here. a baby. a 5 week old baby, I started when he was just 2 and a half weeks old. Have you ever smelled a newborn's head?

i n t o x i c a t i n g.

infuriating.

so much to do before I smell my own newborn's head.

Alathariel -- get on the West End before you have a baby.

That would be nice.

1 comment:

artsmonkey said...

i can read your blog again for some crazy reason!!! it has a disclaimer though... i want a disclaimer on MY blog.
so cool.
you are in a different world.
so good.