I think my one want is beginning to come true!
EG just suggested that we make a video for my family and friends for a gift for them to watch on Christmas day! That is very considerate, fun, creative and sweet! And totally unprompted! It's not like I said "Well, if we can't be there for Christmas, we have to send them something," or "what shall I get them for Christmas," or anything like that! It was just out of the blue!
I didn't think I could love him more and now I do!
**********
In other news, and it's not really news, I'm reading the 12th (I like the way t-w-e-l-f-t-h is pronounced, with the l and the f and the th sounds all together) book in a series of lame yet addictive fantasy books and it's fucking wicked. I want to be an Aes Sedai, weilding the female half of the one power, I want to bond EG as my warder and I think I would choose to join the Grey Ajah, the diplomatic one. That is a tough choice, and not one I'm certain about -- there's somthing to be said about the Green Ajah, standing up to fight when they're needed...or the Blue, focused on causes...and I'm certainly interested in the Yellow Ajah, who specialise in healing, very me. But I think the Grey covers everything I want -- unity and peace. I'll be trained in negotiating and dealing with nobles, of course I'd be more powerful than royalty, but that doesn't matter to me.
I also think I wouldn't take on the Aes Sedai calmness all the time. I think I'd be one of the few who chooses to let her emotions out unless it's absolutely necessary to keep them in. I'd win people over by being honest and trusting. That's what I do in the real world -- people trust me because I trust them. And because I'm unassuming, that's key. A lot of people tell me amazing secrets because they underestimate me. Not that I use them to their disadvantage, that's not what I'd want. But it does feel good to know a lot about people, and it feels very good when I can actually help them find solutions to their problems.
What the hell am I talking about? I'm in fantasy world. I need to finish the book and get back to reality! (don't worry, a little part of myself will stay there, as usual!)
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
what the eff are you talking about.
glad you are getting what you want.
Post a Comment