Sunday, September 21, 2008

God I Hope I Get It

Jesus Christ Superstar am I experiencing some mega vampires!!! I have an audition for A Chorus Line today. What the fuck? I cannot dance good enough to be in a musical!

Or can I?

...No I can't!!!

That's what's going on in my head right now. Okay, it's slightly easier (for me) to rock a Fosse type number, but if I have to jump or do any sort of...real dancing, I'm going to die.

Here's another problem: no one will read this til after the audition! LAME! I need the support!

I'm just going to straighten my hair, get my song in order, print off my headshot and resume, choose a random outfit and be on my way. In 4 hours. That's enough time. Enough time to learn to dance like a dancer.

Also, this is a real paying gig. Like a good one. So even if I get chorus, that's wicked, right? I mean it's not as cool as getting a chorus part in ANY OTHER SHOW, but whatever, I get paid to perform every night! Then everyone who works with me will learn how hilarious I am and how great I am to work with and what a good singer I am, and I'll get cast for the next show that isn't so dancy dancy.

Okay, vampire not killed, but live-withable.

ps why the fuck is [title of show] closing? What are we going to do without it?

2 comments:

skinny-rabbit said...

Hey! I read it before audition time! I'm writing with supporting words! See? You just go in there and be Princesse Alathariel and show 'em what you got. If it's what they want then "yes, girl!" and if not then, you leave knowing you took a huge step by auditioning for a professional gig. When was the last time you did that, huh? Don't forget that this business is all about rejection. I'm not saying that I think you'll be rejected, I'm saying that you have to allow yourself to not want to die if you don't get it. Just auditioning for this show is a huge step. Your time will come. I'm proud of you. So is [title of show]. Look how they put themselves out there! And they were rejected, and people said awful things about them. But their dreams came true. Even their statuses right now show how thankful they are that this happened at all. I'm killing my own choreographing vampires right now, so I know a little bit about this. Break a leg!

Lindsay said...

You rock my world. I'd cast you in MY Chorus Line. And, seeing as how I live in the future and all, I can tell you that your audition was awesome.