Friday, August 24, 2007

Moments to Come

This is it. This is my last night in Switzerland. How do I feel? I don't really know. How am I supposed to feel? I feel strange. I feel very excited about what's coming but I feel strange about this moment.



It's really hard to live in the moment. It's like the most common peice of advice but it's practically impossible. If I were to live in the moment, I wouldn't be too happy! I'm just getting over gastric flu which means I'm hungry but I'm bloated so I don't have the skinniness that usually comes with illness. I'm at an internet cafe where the chair is really uncomfortable. The things I have to be happy about are coming up. Like I'm about to have a nice goodbye with my friend here. We're going to the lake for my last view of Evian and I'm sure our talk will be girly. I'm going to have a fun last night with the family when I get home, we'll possibly play Scene It Friends Edition and I'll kick everyone's asses proving that I'm awesome even when sick. Then tomorrow is the big goodbye, I get a 9 hour plane ride, then annoying American customs, then I get to see my beloved much missed cousin and then I get to have wicked sex with EG and then go into Manhattan and see Miss Pants! So I'm happy, but not in the moment. Is that okay?

1 comment:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

of course!!! not all moments are meant to be paid special attention to. no one cares much about the moments in between the great moments. if ya know what i mean? sounds like tomorrow (well, today) will be overflowing with moments.