Friday, July 20, 2007

Antici...PATION

I think I've already used this title and the one before it, but they're absolutely necessary. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE SUSPENSE? I feel like I'm going to cry. My best friend and I, when we were kids, used to not be able to sleep on Christmas Eve. Just knowing that Santa was out there! Knowing that tomorrow everyone would be so happy opening their presents! Big family brunch! How could you possibly get any rest???

So tonight, just EIGHT hours away from opening Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the book I've been waiting for for 2 years, but really about 6 years, how does anyone expect me to sleep? It's impossible! I'm wide awake! That's why they put it out at midnight in MOST places, because no kid, or grown up for that matter, could sleep knowing it would be out the next day.

Two whole years of wondering where all the Horcruxes are. Two whole years of waiting for proof that Snape is good. SIX WHOLE YEARS of imagining the scene where Ron and Hermione express their undying love for each other.

You'd think, if I waited that long, I could wait another seven hours and forty five minutes...

Well, technically, I can wait, but what do I do til then??? Blog? Read erotic stories? Stalk people on facebook? Watch About A Boy a couple times? Write to EG three times? check, check, check, check, and check. NOW WHAT?

1 comment:

skinny-rabbit said...

Sometimes I feel the same way about The Young And The Restless. I was on my way to work one friday but first I watched the cliffhanger episode where Lauren shoots at evil Sheila and kidnapped Phyllis. We didn't know who she shot. I was shaking in the car on the way to work. Dying to know. But seriously, shaking.