woo hoo!!! I'm gonna perform again! I'm in a show called the Cabernet Cabaret! I had my first rehearsal last night and it's awesome because it's pretty professional (the atmosphere, it's non paying...) but I'm clearly the best. Well, so far, I've only seen half the chorus, so I'm the best out of them. We're singing boogie woogie bugle boy and there's a solo part in the middle that we can audition for on Saturday, and it's mine. it's perfectly in my awesome belt range. it's mine.
So the question is, should I stay for RENT even if it doesn't pay? I really wanna be on the West end after this, but I also really wanna go home. I wanna get to work on Bottom's Dream and the next Mermaids album (this guy said he wanted to produce it, he has access to a drummer, a bassist, a studio and everything!) and...just be home again! So if I stay for RENT (in which I will for sure get Maureen or Mimi) I'll just be here til February, I'll be rehearsing all fall so I won't be bored (not that I should be bored anyway, I'm in fucking Europe), my Lovah will be in Paris probably, where I'll have the chance to see him, and...I'll be in RENT. ...what should I do? go home, try to work in London, stay for the show...aaahhh!!! I can't decide.
I'm sure my options didn't make any sense at all. I'm a little too cafinated. Like I'm typing super fast and I don't really know what I'm saying, it's just the stream of consciousness kind of thing.
I've been reading the Importance of Being Earnest a lot because it's freaking hilarious. There are all these comments and letters about it at the end where people say how it's not serious, it's light and fluffy and stuff, and therefore not good. that's balls. why can't we have some non seriousness to laugh? This guy said he'd rather be moved to laughter, not tickled into it. He can shut up and lick me where I bleed. There's some substance, he comments on high society and stuff. Plus, for us, it's like super intellectual, he's just used to people talking that way because he's from that time. AND we're allowed to have funny-ness on stage. Just chill and enjoy, you jerk. It's not a wasted night if you laughed without crying. Whatever, he pissed me off.
I'm watching Blue's Clues, as usual, and it's fucking awesome. Steve is a genius. Please, watch it if you can!
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
how exactly is one "moved" to laughter??
I say stay for Rent because how many chances do you get to be in Rent? How many chances do you get to have AIDS and be skinny? You'll already be there. It's only a few months longer, you can go to London after anyway or you can come home after anyway. It's a no brainer to me.
no day but today. u say it yourself.
stay. even though i want you to come home immediately. you should stay for Rent.
stay for rent. you are happy. you are excited.
Post a Comment