Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fictional Dreams

I just watched Save the Last Dance 2 (I'm not that much of a loser, Ijust wanted to see our friend from school...) and I'm angry. Not because of the offencively crappy acting, because of the plot. I didn't expect it to be good at all, I just thought it would be properly cheesy. But it was about art and performing, so I took it seriously. In case you haven't seen it, and I hope you haven't, the ballet chick goes to Juliard, as planned, and meets this guy who teaches history of hip hop. Okay,obviously, they're gonna hook up. We find out that the guy used to go to Juliard as a classical pianist. He loved it but ended up dropping out because his dream changed. He wanted to be a creative amazing dj. cool, fine, we get it. He finds out Sarah can dance and asks her to help him choreograph a peice. Reluctantly, she does and it's super cool. But then she gets the lead in the ballet. So he's all "but you can be so much more" and she's all "but I've always wanted to be a ballerina!" anyway, she ends up quitting fucking Juliard! She said she danced perfectly, got a standing ovation, closed her eyes and felt at peace. Then she felt numb. That's fucking bullshit. What all her love for ballet suddenly disappeared because her boyfriend wasn't there? It's balls! Ballet made her HIGH before, that would not go away because she also liked different styles of dancing. I thought that was the wrong choice for an ending. It should have been that the guy's dream changed and that's great, so he should support her dream too.

What a crappy movie. What a waste of time.

1 comment:

skinny-rabbit said...

How was Robert?