My wonderful man just left again, assuring me that he's quite excited for our next adventure which will come before we know it. After a tearful goodbye, I read a little Nick Hornby (Slam, it's a year old and I didn't even know about it!) and tried to pull myself together. I had a ticket issue with my own flight--I won't be back to Vancouver until Thursday--and there was a very surprisingly kind employee who did not charge me an expensive flight change fee! Really good way to kick off the year (as somehow I feel the year didn't start 'til EG disappeared...).
I can feel it: this year will be so much better than the last. I'll be so much stronger! I am so much stronger. It's excellent.
In keeping with kind of tradition, here are my New Year's Resos:
1. Save all twoonies in a jar.
2. Write more songs.
3. Work out 4 times a week (at least).
4. Help people more (but mostly my mommy).
5. Don't turn down jobs or skip work ever, for any reason unless I have to be at another job or literally cannot get out of bed.
I've learned that you can't just set a goal, saying "I want to be more in shape" because that doesn't tell you what actions to take and it feels like you're on your way to achieving the goal just because you declare that you want it. Or at least that's how I feel. When I set my sights on something, my mind just assumes I have it, I brush off my hands and say "well, I'm glad that's over with. Well done, Alathariel." So I can't keep doing that. I think this year, the resolutions are specific to daily and weekly life.
I like life. This year's going to be a good one, I can feel it.
Note: As I write this, I can hear the old lady who lives downstairs snoring. The whistling kind. It's haunting.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
my mind does that to me all the time. makes me think i did something just cause i thought i might like to do it. sometimes when i'm angry with someone, i end up fighting with them in my head and then i'm over it in real life.
I really hate snoring. Like, REALLY. I like your resolutions. I worked with someone in Toronto who put all his spare change at the end of the day into one big jar for like, two years and eventually he had over $4000.00 in it. He was also a server though, so that probably helped.
I'm going into this year with absolutely no expectations and 2008 can lick me where I bleed.
Post a Comment