Thursday, January 22, 2009

Living Life in Peace

I forgot what I was going to write because I just read Skinny's new blog and it put the song "Pieces of You" by Jewel in my head. ...you say he's a faggot...

I was going to say something about the fact that I'm out of the slump. It's over. It's been years, I think, and just like that, it's gone, I can feel it. 

I dunno what it was, just a new year, a clean room, a fresh outlook, settling in, saddling up, auditioning 4 times in one week, having a few friends, lighting a few candles. It's nice, I like it.

I'm not going to dwell in the fact that the slump is over, but I will revel in my newfound self.

I've written a bit more to my book...s. I'd forgotten that the bit I wrote a couple nights ago is from another story completely. Sigh, will I ever finish anything?  Well, one of my books is coming together quite nicely! Imagine if I really, truly wrote a children's novel??? Imagine if it got published and sold and that's how I made my fortune? Insanity.

In other news, at one of my auditions, I pulled the old Claire is a brilliant slacker/improviser trick and ROCKED a monologue I learned that afternoon. It was so fucking funny y'all. My character was brilliant, I made the dude laugh like 5 times. Very unique and clever, if I do say so myself. I really love interpreting scripts MY way.

So, in short, I love acting, children's novels and honeycomb candles.

3 comments:

artsmonkey said...

seems like west coast livin' is where it's at. where's it at? "i know where it's at" - says all saints...

skinny-rabbit said...

I hope you land one of them gigs and I also hope you become a famous children's book author. Just like Madonna.

Lindsay said...

Do I have to move to the West Coast to get out of my slump??

I heart children's books. Become a children's author and I'll sell your books at my store in NYC on the corner of Perry and Bleeker. Wait, was that your store? Did I have the bakery? I think I've got us confused.