Monday, November 17, 2008

Ramblings In Bed

I am so sick of being ashamed! Of apologising!

Here is who I am, freely and unapologetically:

-I get hurt a lot--cuts, blisters, bruises, ingrown hairs, scrapes, burns, scabs--all of them can be found on my body ALL THE TIME.

-I am a girly girl. I like purple, weddings, flowers, frills, fairies, dresses, pink, berries, victorian houses, make-up, ballet, romance, mermaids, kisses, chick flicks, hair, the renaissance, Jane Austen--the list goes on.

-I like the flower power message. I'm not a "dirty hippie" but I believe in truth, love, freedom, happiness, peace, harmony. How can that be bad?

-I'm awful with money.

-I'm nervous, intimidated and jealous with new or existing friends.


*****


I don't want to want things anymore. I don't want to want gadgets, don't want to want to looka certain way, or need the "cool seats" on the bus. I don't want to be traumatised by children from my past who are now adults! I don't want to feel jealousy! I'm sick of jealousy!

I have so much!

I have the mail where I think I need the internet.

I have the outdoors when I think I need the gym.

I have love when I think I need stuff!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

To whom do you have to apologize for being you?? You're fabulous! Have you met yourself?

I know what you mean though. Why do we feel like we have to make excuses for the way we are?

I like what Dr. Seuss has to say about this: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those you mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."