Saturday, June 14, 2008

Superstar

I want to write good music and make a good album. I really do. I want a whole Princesse Alathariel album, self titled, 11 amazing tracks plus a secret a capella song. I want the songs to make people feel, think, sing along, light candles and meditate, listen to it in their cars, share with their friends and possibly dance. I want to record it in a proper studio with proper producers and musicians. I want it to be found at HMV. I want to be on youtube and Wikipedia. I don't care if it's platinum, if it never reaches Jagged Little Pill status. I don't care if I don't get nominated for best new artist at the Junos or the Grammys. But I want most people to say: "Princesse Alathariel? Yeah, I heard her, I really liked her album." And I want a few people to say: "Have you heard of Princesse Alathariel? You'd really like her album. Especially track 4." I want about 13 or 14 young women in each province to listen to my album with their eyes closed and really feel like I wrote it for them, or that they truly know me. I want like 50 guys to think "that Alathariel is pretty hot." or "cute." I don't want anyone to think I'm whiny or imposing or pretentious. I want to make a decent amount of money with this album, enough to get me by and make the producers happy that they helped me make it. I don't want to sell out. I want a few other musicians to respect me and jam with me a bit. I want to go on a small Canadian tour, either opening for a group, or sharing the headline with a few other similar artists. I want the album to provide opportunities for me, like my almost household name convincing a director to put me in a show without auditioning. I want to be recognised once a week, not by screaming fans, or even fans. I want to do a radio interview and play a song over the radio. I want to inspire people, even if it just makes someone put flowers in their hair. I want my mom, my friends, my lovah, my favourite teachers to be proud of me. I want to be part of it all. I want to write good music and make a good album.

5 comments:

skinny-rabbit said...

Make it happen. But don't self title it. I dislike self titles. It feels so un-creative to me.

bedroomprince said...

I will be one of your fans. Wait... I already am. Want to do a soundtrack to a short film? Call me.

bedroomprince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

I agree with Skinny: don't self-title.
You already inspire me to put flowers in my hair. But I'd buy your album anyway.

artsmonkey said...

i{m a fan.
i get it.