Friday, October 26, 2007

An Adult Now

I don't believe it myself.

I'm using jargon.

I'm using the word jargon.

I'm speaking to doctors and requesting information.

I'm contacting the purolator people to quabble about cheques.

I'm printing cheques.

I'm a witness.

I'm wearing a pencil skirt and tights and I have make up on.

I'm faxing.

I'm wanting to kill the printer.

I know what a civil litigator is.

I'm using letterheads.

I have office voice mail and a work email address.

I'm typing cover letters.

I have a coffee mug.

I gossip with the receptionist.

I say things like "I'm gonna skip lunch and head out early."

I call important people and say "Hello, this is Alathariel calling from Mr Lawyer Boss's office, I'm wondering if it's possible to reschedule your meeting with Mr Lawyer Boss from November second to anytime after the 7th? On the 12th? Preferably in the morning? That's fine, thank you!"

I'm in an office, at a desk, on a giant mac!

I'm blogging while at work.

yup. I'm an adult now.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Whoa. You're one of those people now? Me no likey.

skinny-rabbit said...

Me likey. I so want that bizarre lifestyle/work environment.

dancing girl said...

me likey too. i'll bet your paycheque actually covers the rent. i'm older than you-- why am i not yet an adult???

Lindsay said...

Please blog again.

Lindsay said...

Seriously, write a motherfucking new blog.