Saturday, January 28, 2006

Old entry--should have been blogged.

As I wait for my pizza pocket to cook, I look through my most recent journal. This was my favourite part:

"The sun just came out but I was used to the gloom. Suddenly I was struck with the thought to write it. When such thoughts strike me, I begin to slow down. I was just walking with purpose when the sun came out and my walking slowed. If you knew me very well, you'd have known why (but no one knows me that well). The thing is, what will happen to my writing? Will someone read it after I die and say "she wrote beautifully" and then forget about it? Or will it all crumple away in some terrible fire? It almost didn't get written, this thought! But then a new thought struck me: I will forget. And I liked the idea of the sunlit world being new to me after hours of gloom so much that I didnt' want to forget it. But I will.
I'll forget it until I read this again.
I suppose I should take some comfort in that, but I'm suddenly sad for all of the thoughts I didn't write down. I might as well have written them, and then lost them in a fire, because they're gone. Oh well. There was gloom and now there's sun, that's all."


Heehee, I like it because it's silly. I do understand greiving lost thoughts, but it's funny
that I took it so seriously.

Today was so beautiful.

No comments: